4 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD’S LOVE

His Love is Unconditional

His Love is UnconditionalIn talking about love, Jesus once said “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13) and Jesus showed such great love saying “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep” (John 10:11) and this is how “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Rom 5:8). Can anyone show a greater love that is unconditional than to die for us “while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life” (Rom 5:10)?

His Love is Eternal

God spoke through Jeremiah the Prophet and said “I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you” (Jer 31:3). It seems today that love depends on what others do for us and what we do for them but God’s love is everlasting or without end. Hosea describes God’s love by writing that God “led them with cords of kindness, with the bands of love, and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them” (Hosea 11:4).

His Love is Effectual

God loves us but it is an effectual love or a love that has eternal effects. Jesus said that “no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day” (John 6:44) so the Father’s love draws us to Christ. We might like to think that our goodness led to us choosing Christ but the Scriptures say “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you” (John 15:16) so then God draws us to Christ and He chooses us, not us Him. That’s effectual love.

His Love is Rescuing

As the previous paragraph stated, God choses us as Jesus says, “‘I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you” (John 15:19). This is what Deuteronomy 7 is all about as it says “It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the Lord set his love on you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples, but it is because the Lord loves you and is keeping the oath that he swore to your fathers, that the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt” (Duet 7:7-8). Only God’s goodness caused us to be brought out of our own Egypt which typifies the bondage that sin enslaves us to.

Conclusion

God’s love is unconditional, His love is eternal, His love is effectual, and His love rescues us from the wrath of God that our sins had brought. Mr. Hyles is correct when he wrote “I can’t make you love me, but you can’t keep me from loving you” and thankfully that is true and proven true in Scripture.

留言

熱門文章